Saturday, December 10, 2016
The Holidays are coming up fast, it's freezing outside and the gift lists just keep getting longer as do the checkout lines at every store in the city. When it all gets too much, I take a step back and do some culinary therapy and what better way to kick start the holidays than to fill my home with the scent of cinnamon and cloves? It's a win-win situation. You put a smile on everyone's face, give them a surprisingly healthy breakfast and end up with a home that smells divine. Serve them up straight out of the oven, smear with a dab of apricot jam or butter and you're guaranteed rave reviews. Only downside is that they disappear very quickly. Great for kids lunches or snacks and for that unexpected friend who shows up for coffee. This may be the easiest and quickest solution for an action packed holiday season. So keep calm and keep baking!-->
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2-3 chunks pineapple grated or minced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup browned butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Posted by Spice Girl at 7:52 AM