1 butternut squash peeled and chopped into chunks
1 cup chopped leek
1 - 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
1 green apple peeled, cored and diced
1 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper
1- 2 cups chicken broth
1 cup of white wine
2 tbsp cream
Red pepper Coulis (optional)
1 red pepper peeled and seeded- Roast it in the broiler or directly over a gas flame and puree along with a tsp of olive oil to a smooth puree. Add a pinch each of salt and white pepper.
1. Melt the butter in a pan or heat the oil and saute the leeks till they are transparent and fragrant.
2. Add in the squash and apple and season with the salt pepper and nutmeg.
3. Add enough chicken broth to cover the veggies, cover and simmer on low till they are cooked thoroughly.
4. Add in the wine and more chicken broth. Blend into a smooth puree that is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Return to the heat and bring to a boil.
5. Serve topped with the cream and red pepper coulis.