Saturday, July 2, 2011

Berry Yummy too!!

My last post was about incorporating berries in a classic English Trifle and since I'm on a roll here, I figured I might as well do one about a Berry Parfait which may appear to be similar but is essentially very different. It's the berries- I can't stop eating them! This dessert has an assortment of berries ( no other fruit)and the creamy component is a combination of white chocolate and heavy whipping cream, with crushed Amaretto cookies for the crunch. Sometimes if I'm feeling indulgent I add a cup of Mascarpone cheese to the cream - which makes it rich and calorific but so worth it...

Recipe for Berry Parfait:

about 3 cups assorted Berries
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Mascarpone Cheese ( optional)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
20 Amaretto cookies crushed
fresh mint for garnish

1. Whip the cream and the cheese ( if using) together briefly and add in the melted chocolate.
2. Layer the berries, cream topping and cookies in Martini or wine glasses, ending with the cream topping. Garnish with a few berries and the mint and refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment