Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 81

My journey began in August and took me on a virtual tour around the world. It was initiated by a desire to increase my own repertoire as well as to give my family/friends a taste of diverse cuisines and open up their palates. It did a lot more than that- there is no doubt that I have learnt a lot about cuisines and cultures worldwide but along the way I learnt substantially about blogging, taking pictures and downloading them. It has also honed my rusty writing skills considerably. I enjoyed every part of it and was delighted to be able to share food and information with so many of you. There is a following on the blog as well as on Twitter and many friends,acquaintances and fellow foodies read it as part of their daily regime. The response has been very encouraging and I intend to blog on...

For my research I used cookbooks, family recipes ( mine and friends)as well as the Internet. I was provided with great information from websites like the lonely planet, wikipedia, Food network, epicurious and recipezaar to name a few. My life was literally taken over-there were menus to be selected, grocery shopping, piles of dishes, and blogs to publish on time, it was more than I had expected on the outset, but worth every bit of effort.

I am very grateful to each of you that may have tasted my cooking, given me encouragement or followed loyally. Please continue checking for updates and I will do my best to keep it interesting...

On a separate note- It is Thanksgiving and much as I promised to stay away from the kitchen for a few days, I was back. This year we are sharing this celebration with close friends and I am bringing a Tarte Tatin and a Potato Gratin. So here they are....








1 comment:

  1. woo...yummy, I'd like a bite please. Happy week ahead..hugs/M

    ReplyDelete