Monday, February 14, 2011

My Dream Kitchen ...

A couple of days ago, cousin Babs ( in India) and I skyped at length and in the course of our conversation, happened to give her a virtual tour of my kitchen. She was quite excited and enthusiastic about my kitchen and I realized that I have never blogged about it, which seems a little unfair since all the food comes out of there. My kitchen is not just a place I cook or eat in, but my sanctuary. An Ipod station puts me in the right frame of mind as I browse through my recipe books for dinner ideas or bake a cherry pie ( beats therapy) when I am having one of those days. The window bench is where my nine year old perches with his guitar as he plays
" Smoke on the Water" while his older brother torments him. This is the place my friends gravitate to when I have dinner parties and where we as a family, huddle by the fire place on a winter evening getting home work done.

This is a dream kitchen for anybody that likes to cook, with 3 professional grade Wolf ovens, a warming drawer, 3 dish washers and a double door refrigerator hidden behind custom cabinetry that matches the rest of the woodwork. A massive granite island takes center stage and is equipped with a steamer and 2 refrigerated drawers as well as a sink. The stove top has 6 burners, a griddle and a powerful exhaust system . A copper back splash adds detail to this Tuscany style kitchen with its cream wood work, golden walls and tiled flooring . There is plenty of storage for my significant collection of kitchen gadgets which rest inside drawers that slide in and out. One large glass cabinet holds my stash of restaurant style ivory dinner ware. Another holds all the wineglasses and stem ware. Little details make this kitchen very special- like the mini pull out drawers on either side of the stove which are large enough to hold bottles of spices or the strategically placed vertical drawers that hold the baking sheets just over the oven.

In the past I have always wanted to tear down the existing kitchens in my various homes and design my own. This one tops any design I could have dreamt up. It has everything I ever wanted and so much more .





1 comment: