Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 42 Romania


Romania remains an enigma- to me it seems like a nation suspended in a bubble in medieval or almost ancient times, but then most of my knowledge is gleaned from childhood readings of "The Adventures of Tintin" often set in the streets of Moldova and Transylvania. In my search for tonight's menu, I was discouraged by their predilection for sour soups, calf's feet and tripe, so I was relieved to find a very appetizing and authentic sausage recipe aka Mititei.

My recipe for Mititei called for a combination of ground Pork and Beef, although there are several possible variations of this recipe. I threw in thyme, beef bouillon, soda bicarb, salt and pepper and left it to soak in for a few hours. Just before dinner, the sausages were formed and cooked on the grill. Served with a salad, corn on the cob, sauteed green beans and mashed potato, the sausages tasted fresh and succulent, and amazingly like a very good kebab!


Next port of call: Spain... so bring on the Sangria.......

No comments:

Post a Comment