Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 1

It is with a great amount of excitement that I embark on my culinary tour, albeit in the confines of my own kitchen. I trained as a Cordon Bleu Chef a few years ago and did a stint at the Mesa Grill in Las Vegas. Coming to live in Jersey was a whole new ball game and it has taken almost two years to feel at home here. Jug handles, speed traps, wet lands and BYOB's take getting used to after Vegas. Anyway I figured since I have a penchant for cooking simple yet eclectic meals for my two boys and hubby, I would expand my horizons to cuisines from around the world- some that I have never tasted and others tried and tested over the years. I have been shopping for unusual ingredients ( thanks Rhea) and surfing for recipes and fortunately I have a very enthusiastic group of tasters( fellow foodies) at my disposal and intend to make use of them! My journey begins in Asia and ends in the USA. Today I will be in Afghanistan, doing a Qabili Pilau and Borani Esfenaj. If this sounds very exotic, it's probably because it is.So wish me Bon Voyage and off I go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment