Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3 Bangladesh

There you have it- Doi Machi from Bangladesh. The strange rings above are fried spaghetti squash with a coating of spices-a big hit with the kids. In the absence of Jaali Kumra/Wax Gourd, I was forced to go with the squash, but it worked out just fine!


The fish tasted pretty good, despite the fact that it was frozen in faraway Bangladesh. The mustard paste gave it a zing , and the green peppers left us panting!


I have a thing for fruit desserts, so although this was not part of the menu, I surprised the kids with a homemade Raspberry tart. needless to say -it was the perfect ending to a spicy meal.

Tomorrow we head over to Burma, so keep reading .




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks and sounds so tasty. I am looking forward to trying many new and exotic dishes thanks to you. Tonights was wonderful but I will comment on that after you post it for everyone else. You are an amazing chef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious - sorry I missed it!! Cannot wait to try Malayasian Day(X). Your Roti Canai(I believe) is the best I ever tried :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Your support is invaluable. Raoul why have u deleted your comment- I want to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete