Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 2 Afghanistan
















Afghanistan wasn't as tough as I had anticipated. Can't say the same for the lamb which was simmered in a Le Creuset crock pot for over two hours as instructed in a onion, cinnamon, and cumin gravy. The rice was then cooked in the gravy, with carrots and raisins adding a sweet succulence to each mouthful. The Borani Esfenaj, it turns out is a spinach stirfry which when whipped with yogurt makes a concoction perfect for a warm summer's evening.



I even tackled the dishes and clean-up with enthusiasm. Give it time- it's only the first day and 79 to go!!! Uploading the pix was fun- thanks payal!



Today we jump over large land masses to get to Bangladesh. I am trying to keep each continent alphabetical, in case you are wondering how this all works out. I have fish imported from Bangladesh and today's menu is DoiMachi and Fried Jaali Kumra. Keeping my fingers crossed that kids can handle it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment