Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 24 Vietnam

It was a cold blustery day here in Jersey, very conducive for this classic Vietnamese noodle soup. I made the Pho from homemade chicken broth ,which when brought to a boil and poured over paper thin slices of chicken, exudes heat sufficient to cook the chicken. Rice sticks were soaked in hot water, drained and tossed in the bottom of each bowl. This soup gets its balance of flavors from its toppings of thinly sliced onions, mint and cilantro, lime wedges and fish sauce. Slippery noodles and crunchy lettuce give it great texture. A very healthy and nourishing meal in a bowl, it can definitely be classified as comfort food.


Day 24 will always be extra special for me, not just because of the very memorable Pho but mostly because of of the surprise awaiting me in my mailbox. My blog got a worthy mention by the press in our local paper. It was very exciting to see it in print and I stood in my driveway with my sons just off the bus after the first day of school, drenched in the rain, reading and grinning like a cat.

To check it out, go to http://voorhees.elauwitmedia.com/

Just as things start to warm up I make my last stop in Asia.....Yemen.

2 comments:

  1. Very excited to read about you in the newspaper. Also, please save a copy of the physical paper for me.. thks..

    ReplyDelete