Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 33 Finland

Usually when I pick my menu choices it is from a healthy/intriguing/child friendly perspective. This time however, as I went through unfamiliar Finnish recipe websites and cookbooks in my search for a meal, I picked one simply because the name intrigued me. Lihaperunasoselaatikko I discovered, besides being a definite tongue twister qualifies as the Finnish version of a Shepherd pie.

Ground beef is browned over sauteed onions. It is seasoned with salt, crushed pepper and parsley and poured into an oven proof dish. The topping is made from boiled pureed potatoes combined with milk and seasoned with salt. I added some pizazz by piping on the potato puree. Simple in concept and easy to make, this homely dish is ideal for novices, and it even tastes great.

Ooh la la!!! I'm off to Gay Paree....

No comments:

Post a Comment